Ry and I drove up this morning to Westerville for another appointment with Dr Arbono. Ry was present when we listened to the baby's heart beat via doppler. The baby started out up around my belly button and was wiggling around quite a bit. It is so fascinating to trace Peanut's heart beat with movement. The heart rate is around 155, and accelerated with movement, which is a very reassuring sign. My fundal height, the top portion of my uterus, is measuring one month larger than it should be. Dr Arbono was not too concerned with this as I have had one ultrasound already and will be having another at our next visit. There are multiple reasons for this, but she reassured me that she was not worried so we should not be either. Even though I emptied my bladder prior to waiting in the treatment room, after twenty minutes it had filled back up. A full bladder can often push the uterus to a higher height because of the anatomical location of these structures. Then again, Peanut may be a little larger than normal given the genetics on both sides of our families. I'm hoping if Peanut is large it is more lengthwise than width... for the sake of delivery!
So far I have gained a total of three pounds. I can't imagine gaining an additional 22 to 32 over the next four to five months to get where I am supposed to be!
Keep us all in your prayers. We have had quite a bit going on with each of our grandparents over the past few weeks which has concerned us. Also, despite Dr Arbono reassuring me that she was not worried, it is a little disconcerting to not be a "normal" sixteen weeks. My nursing knowledge has unfortunately resulted in me knowing just enough to be dangerous! We will keep you updated!
Ry, Joni & Peanut
Friday, March 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment