Friday, March 21, 2008

The HOGGY Challenge

Last night my bestest friend, Britney, and her love, Neal, took Ry and I out to dinner at Hoggy's to celebrate our little Peanut. We were quite impressed as Neal ordered and conquered the Hoggy Challenge for a free T-shirt. The amount of food at our table was absolutely ridiculous. While it was wonderful going down, I didn't sleep so well last night, leaving me to think that the flavors might have been a little too strong for this bun in the oven! It was wonderful to spend the afternoon with Neal and Brit, and Ryan truly enjoys Neal's company. That worked out well as Britney and I made our way over to Motherhood Maternity at Polaris after we ate, leaving Ryan and Neal to wander around by themselves. At one point we were back in the fitting room and they were looking for us when my cell phone rang. It was Ryan asking where we were at and saying they were getting some pretty strange looks wandering around the store together!

Needless to say my wardrobe is expanding along with my waistline. I was relieved when I read on my "Your Pregnancy Week by Week" book that at 14 weeks you will be lucky to fit into your former wardrobe. This stage seems odd though as my clothes are too tight, yet maternity clothes are too big, and I most certainly need to walk around with SOMETHING on! I told Brit last night when we had ditched the guys that being pregnant can be very overwhelming. We are so exited about our baby, but what unbelievable responsibility faces us in the months to come! I know that God will equip us day by day for what is to come...

A week from today I return to see Dr. Arbono. It is hard to believe that it is already one month since I have been there! Time flies! Yesterday on the ride back from Columbus it hit me that in less than four weeks now we will be halfway to meeting our little miracle! Originally, I had told Ry that he didn't really need to come to these inbetween appointments, but he will be coming this upcoming week. Hopefully he will be able to hear the baby's heart beat via doppler, which would be exciting.

That's it for now... it's breakfast time! We will write following the appointment next week.

No comments: