My growing "bump" at 12 weeks!
Saturday morning I woke up to a bigger belly than I remember going to bed with on Friday night. Granted, we went out to eat with some friends, which I thoroughly enjoyed since food has begun to taste good again. I ate my fair share, but I certainly did not eat THAT much! It has been a little bit of a challenge adjusting to my changing body, but most experts say women commonly do not fit into their normal clothes at 14 weeks, only two weeks from today! I think it would be wonderful if I could move right into the visibly pregnant stage and skip the akward maybe she is just a little chubby stage. However, I am starting to enjoy shopping for maternity clothes more and more, probably out of necessity.
This morning at Bible study one of the daughters of someone who participates walked into the room I was in and rambled something about "baby." Finally Michelle, Shleby's mom, walked in the room and said, "Shelby, did you say it?" Michelle had told Shelby that there was a baby in my belly and Shelby promptly responded, "Mom, get the baby out!"
As time passes I am more and more concerned about work and being on my own in three more weeks. There is still so much that I have to learn and experience, but our floor is so busy that they are anxious to get me out on my own. When I get in the car to go to work each morning the first thing I have been doing is praying that God will protect my patients and keep me free from making errors related to their care. Then, I pray for myself that God will protect me and Peanut from any dangers in the environment that I work in or any communicable diseases my patients may have. I think I need to start praying for help in time management, as I commonly leave the floor 45 minutes to one hour later than I should be leaving. I am also continuing to pray that God will provide a part time position for me following maternity leave. All of these issues seem so big in my own head, but thankfully God does not see them as I do. If you have a moment though, send a prayer on our behalf.

No comments:
Post a Comment