
The complete dependency of an infant is a good reminder of how God hopes we will rely on Him. I can't help but think of how excited He feels, just as we feel, when His children discover something new He has tried so desperately to show them. I hope Ryan and I have the complete dependency on God that He wants us to have, and that we show that to our children.
On to Little Sprout. At 30 weeks I was measuring perfectly on schedule, and the heart beat was 141. 32 weeks the baby's heart rate was 138, going strong! I lost two pounds, which I am almost certain was water weight... I had noticed some swelling and have been watching what I eat pretty carefully. We'll see what next week's appointment brings! Technically, I am 34 weeks today, but my next visit falls before 35 weeks. Soon we will enter the ultra-exciting weekly appointments and 45 minute trips to Muncie!!! Thankfully Bria has been a princess during each of my visits. Because my labor with Bria was "fast" (I don't remember it quite that way!) they want me to call when my contractions are 7-10 minutes apart. Once I got to thinking about it, that is where they started with Bug, so I guess I will call when I think I am starting labor. I have to admit the 45 minute trip scares me just a little, I definitely don't want to have a baby on the way to the hospital! Who knows though... it could last much longer than it did with Bria.
This baby has ended up laying exactly as Bria did. It's little bum is up under my right ribs and it's legs are constantly kicking my ribs and left side. It must be the most comfortable position to lay in there! Bria seems to be excited for the baby to come, and frequently says "Is that for Baby Brother/Sister?" Most of the time she is having a Baby Sister, and every once in a while it's a Brother... we'll see if she is right!
I requested 12 weeks off of work and it was granted. I have been so blessed that both times, although I have not fallen under FMLA, 12 weeks off has been allowed. It requires some sacrifice but it is one of the best sacrifices I have ever made! I am so blessed that Ryan both understands how important this is to me and that he feels it is important too! What an awesome guy!
Well, I'm off to finish bath time, dry hair and paint nails, if we do have a girl she will certainly be entering a girl's world!
Life will change... boy are we excited!!!


From 2010...

April 2010, Bria in my nurse's cap

Our climber, always pushing the dining room chairs around to get to the counter

Say cheese, loving on the camera!

August 2010Ou, r big announcement at Lakeside... it took Ryan's Dad a few moments to catch onto what our numbers meant! Then, pure excitement!

Our favorite beach a Lakeside

Bria's buddy Luker Dukes

Bathtime

September 2010, On a jet plane to Colorado Springs!

Climbing Pikes Peak with Uncle Gene and Aunt Bethany

October 2010, Pumpkin carving is so exciting!

Setting up the treadmill with Daddy in our new house... I'll be thankful when I can log some miles onto this again!

At Bible Baptist Trunk or Treat, Bria loves her ducky costume!

Our family of three... for not much longer!

No comments:
Post a Comment