Thursday, March 31, 2011

Little Sprout

A quick update on Little Sprout... At 34 weeks and some change I measured just a fingertip, if that. My appointment at 36 weeks showed some progress and I was one centimeter, 50% effaced and the baby's heart rate was 144. This week I am two centimeters, 80 % effaced and -2 station and the baby's heart rate was 124! My contractions have become progressively more intense and sometimes painful, but nothing regular enough to warrant a visit to the hospital. Earlier this week I crossed the last jobs off of my to do list. Ryan assured me that if I need something to do until our baby arrives he can make a few messes around the house for me. As the time approaches for our family to become a family of four we are praising God for the time we have enjoyed just with Little Bug and anticipate all that this new little one will bring to our lives.

A few tidbits from the last few weeks...

We took Bria to the Children's Museum during Ryan's spring break. I was anticipating the opportunity to take advantage of one of our last few days as a family of three. At the end of the day we took her to the top of the museum to ride the carousel one last time when they announced that it was almost time for the end of the day parade. The end of the day parade starts on the fourth floor and the museum employees line kids up and play special music while they parade down the ramp to the ground floor to close up shop for the day. Bria was excited to be able to follow "Rex" the museum dinosaur and carry a special flag in the parade. About half way down the ramp to the third floor I felt myself starting to tear up. By the time we made it down to the ground floor and into the car, tears were streaming down my face. Finally, when we settled into the car Ryan turned to me and asked what was wrong. He made his usual, "Hormones, hormones, hormones!" comment to make me smile and I began laughing about how sentimental I was over the end of our day together. SO glad I am not normally this emotional!

This morning when I came home from work Bria wanted me to sit with her while she ate breakfast. When she finished up she got down and was talking about the baby in my belly. With some concern, she asked me what toys the baby has to play with and wanted to give the baby some toys of her own. I explained that there are no toys in my belly and there is no way to get toys in my belly, but that the baby gets to swim around in a little swimming pool. She seemed okay with this answer, and it shed a little light onto why she has recently been trying to stuff her toys into my shirt all the time!

We had a sitter the other night while Ryan and I attended Taylor's basketball banquet. When we returned I asked how Bria did and the sitter asked if I drink chai tea latte. I said yes, and she said that Bria had been playing with her tea set and turned to our sitter and said, "You have hot chocolate. I will drink chi tai latte." That's my girl! You may think I am a Starbucks addict, and while I love a cup of chai, the price of it definitely makes it something I drink in moderation... sounds like we may be visiting Starbucks more though as Bug grows older!

Hopefully my next post will bring pictures of the four of us! Since I have been negligent in updating our blog it very well may!

1 comment:

The4Scotts said...

I'm tearing up just reading this! So excited for you guys!!! :)