

Choppin it down

Admiration!




Best present under our tree!
As I was preparing to update our neglected blog I heard a little "splish splash" from not too far away. Unbeknownst to me our beautiful daughter figured out how to lift the toilet lid and was splish splashing away. Ugh! She just got a bath!!!

A face of mischief
That gives all of our faithful followers a small glimpse into how much our life has changed in the last 16 months. Since the last update Bria has celebrated her first birthday, went from saying a few words to more than thrity at last count (which was early January and she is picking up at least one new word a day), stumbling around to running, and finally moving from a complacent baby to a toddler with an attitude (at times)! Needless to say parenting is much more of a challenge today than it was one year ago at this time. We have gone from changing diapers and wiping the occassionally snotty nose to dealing with throwing sippy cups and drinking bath water-thankfully we haven't had to deal with the toilet in that manner! While this time certainly has challenged us, it is so exciting to see Bria exploring and discovering more and more each day, picking up random words in our conversation, and hearing those three little words we love "Iwuvuuuuuuuu!"

And she's one!

A little birthday cake
That directs me to a story I have to include in this post. Since Ry became a SADH, often I will call during the day and Bria will inevitably be squealing in the background waiting to talk to me. Usually I hear "Hewooooo" "Hi hi hi hi hi" "Mama mama mama mama "Hi hi hi hi" and then "Buhbye buhbye." Always an exciting conversation! One night as I was driving home I called Ryan and talked to Bria, at the end Ryan always tells Bria to say I love you to me and that night she did! I hope the mental recording I made of that moment will stay in my memory forever. As much as she loves to be on the go from the time she wakes until bedtime each night she is always ready with kisses, hugs and an "Iwuvuuuuuuu!"
I am sure that there is so much more I could say, but time is a commodity and our busy daughter can only be unattended for so long... as you found out previously. Please continue to pray for consistency in parenting for us, grace and wisdom to get through the tough and teachable moments and endurance in waiting to see what God holds next for our family. Here's to updating before another five months passes!
Ryan, Joni & Bria


The beloved horse, always tucked between her legs or under her arm... hope we never lose it!

Waiting for dinner!

On another occassion, we discovered Bria knows how to climb into the bath

Our Baby Bug at halloween

Family picture at the zoo

Bria's birthday trip to the zoo!

The swing Ryan made for Bria's birthday

Winner winner chicken dinner!

And she's all set!

With Great Gummers & Gumpers!

Zoo lights... best shot of us together

First sucker courtesy of Aunt Susan

First success on the potty

No comments:
Post a Comment