Sunday, August 30, 2009

Baby Bug Baby Bug, You know that I love you!!!


Our cutie patootie... she loves stairs and climbing!


At the beach


Playing in the sand!

As Bria's first birthday is quickly approaching I can not help but think how much our life has changed over the past year. She has gone from 6 pounds 4 ounces and 19 inches long to 23 pounds 11 ounces and 30 1/4 inches tall! She is now in the 90% for weight and 75% for height. We are remarkably blessed to have gone through an entire year with only a few runny noses, and no fevers above 99.8 degrees! I find it funny that I can remember these obscure statistics as other parts of my memory seem to have permanently lapsed!

Bria took her first steps independently on August 12, and is continuing to take more and more each day. She broke her first tooth two days later with only one night of fussiness and another tooth is in the works! She now says Mama, Dada, Ducky, Uh-oh, Dog, Papa, No, and today we taught her to say Up! I am continuing to nurse her until she is a year old and she has been a champ! She enjoys all sorts of fruits, vegetables and is starting to enjoy meats too. I am making her birthday cake, which will be her first taste of something sweet, and I am sure she will enjoy that as well! With all these milestones Ryan and I have been realizing that our "baby" is quickly becoming a toddler.

Not much has changed over the past few months. I returned to work full time at wonderful MGH in late July. Working a scheduled three days a week has provided more stability to our family than for me to randomly pick up days as they are available. Ryan manages our home and takes care of Bria on the days that I have been working, and on the days that I am off we do whatever we please. I feel that we have found ourselves in quite a unique situation to have four days a week to play together as a family. Ryan continues the job hunt and we are prayerfully asking God to provide something for him to do that meets his interests and qualifications. So we wait... patiently and sometimes impatiently.



Family picture on Mackinac Island


At the Soo Locks


Blurry but beautiful


#1 Babies can sleep in the oddest positions



#2 It's a good thing that this baby sleeps because Mama would regardless!


Chillin out max with Daddy


At Grandma and Grandpa's in Indiana checking out the dogs


At a baseball game with Grandpa


Bria's favorite spot in the camper

Other than that we were able to enjoy a wonderful time with my parents at Mackinac Island for a week. Bria truly enjoyed camping with Grandma and Grandpa in their fifth wheel and walking along the lake. I know my parents enjoyed how much time they were able to spend with us and have Bria to themselves. We also watched the 4th of July fireworks over Lake Huron and were able to see six shows from various distances all at once! We also traveled to Lakeside, Ohio a little over a week ago to vacation with Ryan's family. It was quite a different experience than last year to go from being 8 1/2 months pregnant to having an almost one year old. Bria loved seeing her cousins, aunts and uncles, and Nana and Papa. There is a fabulous beach near Lakeside that we visit and was perfect for Bria. It is harbored from the waves and is very shallow in area so she was able to crawl around on the sand and in and out of the water as she pleased and was completely safe doing so. Both trips were refreshing and a great time of reconnecting and enjoying our families.


Jake, Luke, Molly and Bria at Lakeside


Tuckered out at Lakeside


Checking out Mom's skills




My beach sculpting abilities

Until next time!

No comments: