
Bria Anne Frost
6 pounds 4 ounces
19 inches
Born at 2:16 pm on September 14, 2008
The birth
Friday -
Worked a regular twelve hour shift at the hospital, but warned my co-workers something was feeling different.
Saturday -
Painful contractions begin. Ryan and I had omelettes for breakfast and I decided to make a homemade banana cake. We also went to Mansfield and bought a new camera, picked up my bridesmaid's dress for my friend Jen's wedding and walked around the mall. Saturday evening we went to Lori's house to watch the OSU game and hang out. We went to bed around 10:45.
Sunday
1:39 am - Wake up with a contraction after a few hours of sleep.
3:30 am - Decided to get out of bed since the contractions were between 8-10 minutes apart and sleep seemed impossible. I hopped in the bath and read for a little while so I could relax.
5:00 am - Ryan wakes up and we decide to go for a walk. Contractions continue and advance to between 4-6 minutes apart. We return home and I hop in the shower and get ready to head to the hospital.
5:53 am - Page the on-call physician.
5:59 am - Of course I am prepared to answer all sorts of complicated questions, but the first he asked was, "When is your due date?" I pass on the facts and he says come on in and lets get ready to have a baby.
6:15 am - We leave for the hospital. Ry prayed before we left for the safe arrival of our little one and a safe and easy labor and delivery.
7:00 am - Arrive at St Ann's
7:30 am - Dr Alan Murnan arrives in triage. I am 4 cm, 0 station, 100% and the amniotic fluid sack is bulging. I am moved to labor and delivery. Peanut is actually coming! I do remember telling Ry if he sends me home I don't know what I will do because if this isn't labor I don't know what is!
7:55 am - Dr Murnan arrives to break my water. I am 5 cm and 0 station. Dr Murnan allows me to have clear fluids and no continuous IV infusion. Ry and I spend time walking the halls and returning to the room every 15 minutes to check Peanut's heart rate.
10:10 am - Contactions are increasing in intensity. Amy, my nurse, checks me and I am 5 1/2 cm. She encourages me to lie down as this sometimes helps to advance labor.
10:50 am - After whimpering for a while, I decided that I could not stand the amount of pain. Amy came in with 10 mg of nubain. I clearly remember watching the medication make its way through the tubing and wondering when it would hit me. It was pretty obvious when I did. Apparently I made a comment that I would "never be a good addict because I don't like the way this is making me feel."
12:05 pm - I turn to my right side and am now 8 cm. Amy asks me to call her when I feel the urge to push.
1:10 pm - I am beginning to feel the need to push. 9 cm and + 1 station.
1:29 pm - I feel the need to push... there is a small portion of my cervix that still needs to dilate. I am breathing through contractions to prevent my cervix from swelling and causing problems when I do push.
1:50 pm - I REALLY need to push. After the first push, Amy pages Dr. Murnan. I push through two more contractions and ask Amy when he will be here. After looking at her phone she says he was 15 minutes away and she called 14 minutes ago. Thankfully, Dr. Murnan walked in immediately after that and was told to get ready to catch this baby.
2:16 pm - Bria Anne is born!

No comments:
Post a Comment