Lately when I am out and about if I happen to run into someone that I know I get this look that says, "You haven't had that baby yet???" Maybe everyone gets this near the end, but I always laugh and say that I haven't even reached my due date yet!
Yesterday I went to the doctor for my 39 week appointment. Dr. Arbona walked into the treatment room with a look of surprise on her face and said that she was surprised to see me. After my last appointment she felt sure that I would be having the baby within a week. Alas, not yet, but by making it through to this week, Ryan and I will be able to go up to New York for Thanksgiving and take our time doing so since I will still be on maternity leave. A hidden blessing! From last Friday's appointment to yesterday's I progressed from 1.5 cm and 80% to 3 cm and 90%! I can't progress much more without actually having this baby so make sure to keep watching! It is even more exciting medically speaking because the first pregnancy a woman always effaces (the percentage number) to 80-100% before she begins to dilate much further. In subsequent pregnancies, effacement and dilation occur in equal proportions. So... it is an encouragement to know that I am almost completely effaced, now the work is in dilation. Aside from that, my weight has stayed the same for a month and my blood pressure and the baby's heart rate were great. Next Wednesday I have an appointment for a Non-stress test and check up. I will have two Non-stress tests and two appointments more if I make it past my due date to the 24th... then if I am still pregnant I will be induced and we will finally meet our little Peanut. We can't wait!
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It just dawned on me yesterday (because it was Grandpa's birthday) that you were fast approaching your due date! Hang in there.
With love,
Cousin Sherry
Post a Comment