Thursday, May 22, 2008

More than half way through!

Pictures from 21 weeks... a few days late...





We returned yesterday for yet another appointment with the obstetrician. Dr. Arbona was able to quickly locate Peanut's heart, which was beating at a strong 140 beats per minute. When I asked how she found it so quickly she laughed and said she would love to take credit, but there is only so much room for Peanut to move around in anymore. Once again I heard, "That's quite an active baby." That is something we have been hearing at nearly every appointment since they have been using the doppler to find his or her heart beat. Peanut never seems to want to lay still long enough to listen to the heart beat for more than a second. What are we in for when Peanut comes out??? Meanwhile I could have told anyone this as I am constantly being kicked, and even awakened by it at night. It is still a wonderful and reassuring feeling.

I continue to measure large. At 23 weeks and 1 day I am measuring 27 weeks. This explains my discomfort in doing the simplest things like climbing out of the car and bending over to tie my shoes! Dr. Arbona scheduled another ultrasound at my next visit to check the size of the baby, amntiotic fluid levels, and any uterine abnormalities. I am trying my best to relax and not worry about Peanut, but sometimes I think I know just a little too much. I think thoughts no one outside of a medical profession would think. Oh to be blessed by ignorance! At the last ultrasound Peanut was in the 50th percentile, so in four weeks when we return we will be able to see if his or her growth is progressing normally. While I have consistently measured four weeks larger than I am and am excited to see our baby again I would rather just be "normal" and skip all the extras. However, "normal" in pregnancy seems relative. For now I will take solace in the fact that Dr. Arbona said I am hiding this pregnancy very well, it is nice not to hear, you are huge!

I will attempt not to be a delinquent in posting updates... but no guarantees. We will keep you updated on our progress!

No comments: