The past few weeks have been difficult for our family as Ryan's Grandmother (and my "Gram") has been quite ill. On Saturday, April 12, she entered heaven where she was able to see the baby she lost so many years ago and also her grandson Benjamin, who entered heaven shortly before her. I am sure if she has been able to she has already been to each of the people's mansions she knew here on earth bringing them their favorite dish and visiting for a while. I think her mansion probably has multiple bird feeders that can be seen out her kitchen window to view the most glorious birds she has ever seen. It is a blessing to know that if the Gram we know so much and love is not here she is with Jesus.
I often wonder if Peanut knows what is going on outside his or her little swimming pool. I am sure that lately I have been so emotional that the baby must know something is going on. Perhaps even these experiences shape the future of a child... and maybe Peanut will be born with endless compassion to shower on those who have lost loved ones.
In just another week we visit Dr. Arbona and will have another ultrasound! It seemed like such a long time to wait when they told us that at eight weeks, and now it is finally here. I pray that everything will be normal, as this ultrasound is to view anatomical features of our baby and check a few other things out. One anatomical feature we will NOT be viewing is Peanut's hiney... so we will all find out in September what sex this little wonder is. Lately I have been able to lay flat on my back and if Peanut is high enough in my uterus we can "see" him or her. The morning I discovered this I ran into our room at 5:30 AM to awake Ryan and tell him. He was much more excited to hear about it when I came home from work later that night. Most times I can also tell how Peanut is laying, and while I still don't feel movement constantly, I am pretty sure that this is an active little baby... always floating from here to there!
That's all the significant news in our lives right now. We appreciate your prayers for our family and will post more pictures of our beautiful baby boy or girl next week!
Ry, Joni & Peanut
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment