Thursday, January 10, 2008

The day the rabbit died.

January 9, 2007 was quite an eventful day. How could it not be when I appeared from the bathroom and said, "Ryan, can I show you something?" Ryan supressed his excitement because I was shaking and shocked... not that I was not excited, but for quite a while in planning to have children I had told Ryan it would probably take at least six months if not more. I was wrong. After spending the day giddy about our secret, we decided to call each of our parents and tell them our news. I believe we have some very excited parents, and there are reports that my parents have already started calling each other "Grandma" and "Grandpa." We are waiting to share our news with the rest of our family and friends, but thought it would be a good idea to post so you all could take part in the day we discovered we are expecting.

Needless to say this has been an incredibly eventful week. Mount Vernon beat their rival, Cedarville, by 36 points. We discovered we are parents. I take the state licensure examination to become a registered nurse (RN). Finally, I have a job interview on Monday. God is surely pouring blessings on our life.

I am scheduled to see the doctor on February 6, 2008. We will have our first ultrasound and will update everyone at that time.

Ryan, Joni & Peanut

No comments: