Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Morning Sickness 101

First things first... morning sickness is more like afternoon or evening sickness or even brushing your teeth sickness. Eating is quite a predicament, it seems harmless to begin with but ends up making you sick in the end. The consolation that I carry in suffering this way is that the sicker you become the better prognosis you and your growing child have... so in a sense I am delighted to be sick. As nutritionally un-sound as it may be, I am thankful for caffiene-free 7-up! I haven't quite figured out how to keep the vicious cycle of morning sickness from beginning, but I have a feeling that only comes when I progress to 12 weeks. So happily, I am half way there.

Ry and I continue to anticipate going to the doctor in February and could not believe this morning when we awoke that I am now six weeks along. I am thankful for such a supportive husband and particularly one who is very excited to become a father. God has blessed us considerably over the past few weeks...
1- We are parents!
2- MVNU is currently 14-2
3- I graduated Summa Cum Laude
4- I passed the NCLEX on the first attempt
5- I am employed
Thank you Jesus for all of these blessings!

No comments: