I reluctantly admit... I am a delinquent blogger! Life has certainly become more hectic with two little girls to care for! I also have to admit I have been making the most of my time off of work to branch out in Spring Arbor by attending Story Time, Mother's Club and a SAU Playgroup. Needless to say, there are several things around the house that need attention, but I am seeking to strike a delicate balance between the jobs that have to be done, maximizing time with Bria and Campbelle and branching out in our new community.
Bria and Campbelle are doing wonderfully. Bria continues to delight us daily with her silly comments and sings and dances constantly. Lately, she has been walking around all day singing, "The Lord has come!" from Joy to the World. She cracks us up! She had her 3 year old well visit and is growing and developing beautifully. We are working on writing her name and learning her phone number. She usually just wants to recite her address when we start talking numbers. I can see how all those numbers are daunting to a 3 year old! She has turned into our Play doh girl and plays with it nearly every day. It's neat to see her creativity blossom with her age.
Campbelle is every bit a beautiful bubbly baby! She is sitting up on her own and laughs when we sing to her or tickle her belly. She is extremely attentive to everything Bria does. She seems to be following Bria's footsteps, weighing 16 pounds 10 ounces (80th%) at her last well visit while her height was in the 25th%. Her second round of vaccinations were uneventful. Finally, after nearly six months she is beginning to show some semblance of a routine through the day. Granted she usually wakes around 6:00am to nurse, but then usually falls right back to sleep until around 8:00am. It gives me a chance to get up, work out and get my day going before both girls need my attention.
We are doing our best to teach both of our girls to love the Lord and serve others. Tonight we were explaining to Bria how Jesus died on the cross for our sins and that to become a Christian and go to heaven she needs to ask Him into her heart. She said, "I want to do that. Maybe tomorrow." I don't think her understanding is there quite yet but we pray and are eager for the day that both Bria, Campbelle and any other children we are blessed with make this decision. Parenting I'm convinced is about 99% prayer and dependence upon God!
On the basketball front Ry is busy recruiting for next season. He has several spots to fill so it will be a busy year, but it is exciting to see him beginning to own the team and bring players that will fit into his system and style of play. The athletic department staff has been wonderful and so welcoming to our family and we have discovered some great babysitters amongst his players! Coaching girls definitely has its benefits!
As for me... I am staying home with the girls until Spring when I hope to find a nursing job one or occasionally two days a week. Until then I am praying for the right position to be available.
That's about all on the Frost Front! Hopefully the next update will bring news of more milestones by our daughters and the beginning of a great season for the SAU women's basketball team!
Saturday, October 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment