It has been quite a while since we have posted. There is much to cover since the last post, but I will try to be brief. Currently Peanut is stretching and doing flips as we "speak." It's hard to believe that today marks five weeks until we meet this little one. Ryan has been busy painting the nursery, refinishing furniture and assembling the crib. Last Friday we also picked up our "travel system" that includes a car seat and stroller, which was a gift from Ryan's parents. Our house is slowly being overtaken by diapers, baby clothes and a variety of other things we have been collecting or received as gifts at baby showers in preparation for Peanut's arrival. How can one little person create so much chaos!?!
The doctor is pleased with my blood pressure and weight gain. I frequently experience Braxton Hicks contractions. It is such an odd feeling to have my stomach randomly tighten and become lop-sided. My body is just practicing for the big event! I have thus far managed to avoid severe swelling. I notice minimal swelling in my feet and hands at times, but nothing serious. Surprisingly, being on my feet for 12 hours at a time two to three days in a row has not caused me any issues in this area. I am planning on continuing to work until the baby is born, and hope that the long days may actually help to "kick start" the labor process. Anything would be better than being induced. My next visit on August 25 will mark the first week of once weekly visits. While I would love to be "on time" I have a strong suspicion that Peanut will make his or her arrival a little late... we will see! I will do my best to update these posts a little more regularly as the due date nears... until then watch for pictures from our trip to Las Vegas and our baby showers to appear soon!
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment