Ry and I made the now weekly trek to Westerville for an appointment this morning. While everything continues to check out fine, the nurse practitioner was afraid that I am starting to retain fluid and am at risk for preecclampsia. My blood pressure this morning was 112/68, but I have begun to notice slight swelling in the evening. For now, I am under orders to rest on my left side twice daily for an hour on days that I am not working, and to rest on my left side during lunch on days I am working. This improves the blood return to my heart from my lower extremities to reduce the swelling and hopefully will continue to keep my blood pressure down. This will also be the last week that I am allowed to work three days in a row (yea!). My next appointment is Friday, as they requested I be seen in no more than seven days and next Monday is a holiday. If everything continues to check out fine I will be allowed to continue working, we shall see! Until then I am doing my best to relax in hopes that I can continue to work and not be induced.
On a lighter note... last week we spent time in Lakeside, Ohio on Lake Erie. Ryan's parents rented a cottage for us to stay in for the week. It was a fantastic vacation, as we were able to spend time with family, fish, swim, fly kites, explore the area and just have fun! The house we stayed in was perfect for the 15 of us and was less than a block off of the lake. The reality of parenthood became all the more real to both Ryan and I as we realized this was our last vacation without children. We are becoming more and more excited however for the upcoming birth of our little boy or girl and future trips with him or her. Here are some trips from our adventures last week.

Glo-baby

Marblehead Lighthouse... some random person took our camera and snapped about a thousand pictures of Ry and I in the same pose... in the same spot.

Marblehead Lighthouse

Ry's baptism

Peanut's first Indians game
No comments:
Post a Comment