While my "evening sickness" has seemed to subside somewhat, I have come down with a terrible respiratory illness this week. I began running a fever yesterday at work and promptly popped a couple of Tylenol. It is a little scary to be sick since the first trimester of a pregnancy is when the baby's organs develop and are very susceptible to various things. Ryan, my wonderful nurse, promptly called the doctor this morning to determine what was safe to take. For all those of you out there who are pregnant or will be one day it is safe to take Tylenol, Tylenol Extra Strength, Sudafed, Robutussin DM, and cough drops. These have now taken effect, which is why I am able to sit at the computer and give you all an update.
I have just begun to notice my belly blossoming. Ryan's parents were up this week and his mom took me shopping for maternity clothes and of course more baby outfits! While I don't need them yet, it is nice to know that I have something in my closet that will fit when I wake up and find that nothing I usually wear does. I am looking forward to hopefully just another two weeks of feeling nauseated before I enter the "feel good" trimester. It is hard to believe that we are almost 1/3 of the way through this pregnancy. I return next Thursday to my OB for a complete check up. Hopefully we will be posting pictures as I grow and will keep you updated on the exciting things going on in our lives. Hope you all are having a wonderful Friday... I'm back to the couch!
Friday, February 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Saltine crackers sometimes help with the nausea.
Post a Comment