
Last Friday was packed with excitement for Ryan and I. We visited the doctor's office for yet another ultrasound. While I was not quite as anxious during this trip, everything checked out beautifully. Peanut has advanced to the 54th percentile and weighs in at a whopping 2 pounds 4 ounces and is about 14 inches long. I held a ruler to my stomach to see exactly how "long" that was comparatively and it made me realize how the baby really does not have too much room to move... it's safe to say that there's not much room to stretch out anymore and Peanut probably spends the day curled into a little ball. The more exciting news was that my amntiotic fluid levels are also in the 50th percentile, which is right where they should be. Often when I explain why we have had to have so many ultrasounds people assume that if anything the baby is probably just large. Unfortunately my education has taught me otherwise, so it was a relief to know that not only is our baby average in size, but there are not amniotic fluid or uterine abnormalities to worry about. I also "drank the kool-aid" as I called it for the glucose tolerance test. On Monday the office called and said that my glucose and hemoglobin levels are normal so I am not a gestational diabetic and I do not have to take an additional iron supplement. This news was music to my ears as iron supplements often are extremely irritating to the stomach and I continue to have issues with nausea and vomiting.
Friday afternoon we spent in a tuxedo shop so that Ryan could pick up his tuxedo for a wedding he was in on Saturday. It took quite a while for everything to be worked out, but thankfully they were able to lengthen his tuxedo. He certainly looked dashing at the wedding.

Saturday was consumed with the wedding in the afternoon and the reception until late in the evening. Thankfully Ryan's Aunt Lori came with Cory and Anna and I was able to sit with them at the reception.

We also sat next to Caitlin and her husband Joe, Ryan's close friend from college.

Ryan and I stayed until late in the evening so he could attend to his duties as best man. It was a fun reception to be at as the bride's family has some unique traditions they carried out related to her polish decent. I have to admit that I was exhausted when we left, but enjoyed watching all of the festivities and dancing with Ry when he was able. The highlight of Ryan's day was spending time after the wedding at "The Shoe" for wedding pictures.
Mr. & Mrs. Josh & Stacie Durig

Next week I will upload pictures from what hopefully was our last ultrasound! Once again they could tell the sex of the baby, but we still decided to keep it a surprise. The pictures to come are certainly the best yet! We return in two weeks to the doctor and we will post more then. That's it for now!
Love, Ry & Joni

No comments:
Post a Comment